Welcome to the sixth video in the Pricing for Profit Series! In this video blog, I am going to address a big reason why balloon business owners choose to price lower – “I work from home and my overheads are low so I don’t NEED to put my prices up!”. in the video below you will learn why this is such a bad idea for your business and why you still need to price for profit! So grab a cuppa and learn how to stop guestimating and start pricing for profit in your balloon business!
It’s really tempting if you work from home to think you have lower overheads so it’s perfectly acceptable to charge lower… now sometimes this is done because you feel more comfortable telling customers lower prices, sometimes to give you a competitive edge over the balloon businesses who work from shops, sometimes it’s subconscious and you don’t even realise you are doing it…
Let me tell you what I have observed over the years… the majority of businesses that come and go in the first couple of years of trading are home-based businesses… not the ones that have a bricks-and-mortar shop! If you are thinking this way you could be setting your business up for failure without even realising it! You need to be pricing for profit and you need to be pricing for the future because actually it can be a lot harder to scale your home-based business for a multitude of reasons!
If you are a home-based balloon business owner and are considering keeping your prices low please, please watch this video because I want to see you build a profitable balloon business that is sustainable for the future!
In this video I am going to walk you through:
- Why home-based businesses should NOT charge less
- Why it’s harder to scale a home-based business
- Why you need to price for the future and not for now…
- Why developing a strong mindset is so important to growing a hugely successful business.
If you would like more help to GROW your business, you can also access the FREE Resource Library Here at the Balloon Biz Academy.
- Printable workbook to calculate your pricing on the go and have as a reminder.
- Helium Pricing Cheatsheet – a printable for most of the common cylinders – each showing how many of the most popular balloons you can get from it – Simply divide the cost of your cylinder by the number ~ fill in the sheet and either take a photo to store on your phone or print it for your diary. Now you won’t have to do the same calculations for helium every time! You will have it to hand for fast and easy pricing!
- How much helium is left in my cylinder Cheatsheet.
- 20 Ways to Market Your Balloon Business
- 200 Reasons People Need Balloons Other than Birthdays – open up a world of opportunities worth thousands of pounds.
- Free Cut files and so much more
I hope you found this video blog useful! Do you work from home? How do you approach your pricing? Did any of the points I touched on make you reconsider your attitude towards pricing? Let me know in the comments – I love to hear from you 🙂 x
🎈Until next time… Stay Amazing!🎈
Find The Other Videos In the Pricing For Profit Series By Clicking on the Images Below
Hi there! It’s so great to have you here! Having grown my own balloons and venue decor business I really want to help you grow a profitable and successful business too! I can’t wait to see where your journey takes us! Make sure you come to join us in the FREE community and accelerate the growth of your business – The Quick and Easy Way!
Until next time… Stay Amazing!