Hey there! Are you looking for ways to stand out from your competition, boost your bottom line and make your business more personal and relatable to your customers? Well, you’re in luck because I’m here to talk about the importance of showing the person behind the business… and if you are nervous about putting yourself out there I have some fab bonus tips for getting in front of the camera!
When customers see the face behind the brand, they’re more likely to trust and connect with the business. This is because people want to do business with people they know, like, and trust. By sharing your personality and values, you can create a more personal connection with your customers, which can ultimately lead to increased loyalty and sales.
So, how can you show the person behind your balloon business?
Here are a few tips:
- Introduce yourself on social media: Whether it’s through a video or a written post, introduce yourself to your followers. Share a bit about your background, what inspired you to start your business, and what values you hold dear. This will help your customers connect with you on a more personal level.
- Share behind-the-scenes glimpses: Take your followers behind the scenes of your business. Share pictures and videos of your workspace, your team, and the process of creating your balloon creations. Take them out on location and show little snippets of your day (without giving the whole thing away before the customer see’s it themselves… ) This will give your customers a glimpse into your world and help them feel more connected to your business. It will also showcase your skills and expertise, and give your customers a glimpse into what sets your business apart from the competition.
- Show off your personality: Don’t be afraid to show off your personality on social media. Whether you’re funny, quirky, or serious, let your personality shine through. This will help your customers get to know you better and create a more personal connection.
- Share your values: What do you stand for as a business? Share your values with your followers. Whether it’s a commitment to sustainability, giving back to the community, providing innovative design or providing exceptional customer service, sharing your values will help your customers connect with your business on a deeper level.
- Show off your personality with fun and playful content: Balloons are inherently fun and playful, so why not let that shine through on social media? Share photos and videos of your team having fun with balloons, or create fun and playful captions to go along with your posts. This will help your followers associate your business with joy and celebration.
By showing the person behind your balloon business, you can create a more personal connection with your customers and differentiate yourself from the competition. So, don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and let your personality and values shine through!
Nervous about appearing in front of the camera?
It’s normal to feel nervous about getting in front of the camera, especially if you’re not used to it. Here are a few tips to help you overcome your shyness and feel more comfortable in front of the camera:
- Practice in private: If you’re nervous about getting in front of the camera, start by practicing in private. Record yourself on your phone or camera, and watch it back to see what you look and sound like. This will help you get used to seeing and hearing yourself on camera.
- Start small: If you’re new to being on camera, don’t start with a full-length video. Instead, start with a short 15-second clip or a photo. This will help you ease into the process and feel more comfortable.
- Prepare ahead of time: If you’re nervous about being on camera, preparation can help. Write a script or outline of what you want to say, and practice it ahead of time. This will help you feel more confident and prepared when you get in front of the camera.
- Enlist a friend: If you’re still feeling nervous, ask a friend or colleague to help you. They can be in the video with you, or just be there to provide moral support. Having someone else there can help you feel more comfortable and relaxed.
- Be authentic: Remember, it’s okay to be yourself on camera. Your followers want to see the real you, not a perfect, polished version of yourself. So, don’t worry about being perfect, just be authentic and let your personality shine through.
- Remember, the more you practice, the more comfortable you’ll become in front of the camera. So, take it one step at a time, and don’t be too hard on yourself. With time and practice, you’ll be a natural in front of the camera!
If you want to really grow your business you need to retain old customers whilst attracting new ones. In order to do this in a sustainable way set yourself the goal to showcase you, the person behind the business. By sharing personal stories, you’re giving your followers a glimpse into who you are as a person, and creating a deeper connection with them. This in turn will build greater trust and loyalty to your business and can really set you apart from the competition… after all people naturally buy from people! So don’t be afraid to open up and let your personality shine through!
Hi there! It’s so great to have you here! Having grown my own balloons and venue decor business I now really want to help you grow a profitable and successful business too! I can’t wait to see where your journey takes us! Make sure you come join us in the FREE community
Balloon Biz Academy Community
and accelerate the growth of your business – The Quick and Easy Way!
Until next time… Stay Amazing!